Thursday, August 13, 2015

What Gives You the Right?

So many people these days don't do what it takes to change where they're at financially. They boldly, with no real reason other than fear or comfort, refuse to take action or accept the opportunities that come their way. They act like they have a choice. They act like things are going to just keep falling into their laps and that their parents will never stop supplying their every need.
That is DELUSIONAL. And selfish.
What gives you (and me) the right? What makes us think we have the right to reject opportunity? To avoid risk? To avoid doing necessary things that scare us? To refuse to work harder and faster and smarter?
If you're a lay person (a man especially), married or single, it's your responsibility to take advantage of opportunities and make money. Why? Because money is a real way to contribute. To your family and to people in need.
Stuff happens. People get sick, houses burn down, storms destroy villages, children are born--What are you doing to make sure you're ready?
Money gives you options. Especially if you have a lot of it. I don't want to be stuck, scratching for a dollar, when I could be somewhere else, doing something meaningful. I'm doing what I can now to build wealth because, soon, I want to have the choice to drop everything when necessary, to go and be of service to other people--instead of being too stressed with being broke to think beyond how much money I wish I had in my wallet.
Hope that made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment