Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Q3:"What did you say to inquiries about job security...?"

December 17, 2014 marked my first anniversary as an entrepreneur and college drop-out. I invited friends to ask me about my journey. Here is the third of the series of questions and my response:

Q3:"What did you say to inquiries about job security, retirement, health insurance, etc. that everyone claims to be the biggest reason why they wouldn't go on the same quest and even discourage you from continuing to do so?"

People bring up those things because they're afraid of failure. Bottom line. I'm working to be too wealthy to care about job security, retirement, health insurance and all that jazz. Get out there and make it happen! Failure is just part of the process. Dexter Yager says that success is a journey, not a destination. Understand that failure is crucial to your success.
(Me having lunch at one of my favorite cafes and listening to Jim Rohn tell me that it's okay to fail as long as you don't let it get in the way of your success.)

B-b-but...what if...?!

No. Stop your worry-wheels right there and remind yourself of your dreams and ask yourself if they're worth it. If they're not, then you need to get yourself some bigger dreams!
(Observe this awesome pic-quote I just created with the help of my mentor Michelle and picmonkey.com!)

Also, the biggest risk a person can take is to take no risks at all!
The job security myth is something you'll start to see through whether you become an entrepreneur or not. I myself was never able to hold down any of my traditional jobs, and yet I've been able to happily and energetically devote myself to my multi-preneur career longer than I've been able to concentrate on anything else in a long time (And no, it wasn't because I have ADD or something, it's because I knew I wasn't meant to be at those jobs, working for someone who wasn't ME). There are tons of people much older than myself who've devoted themselves to jobs which they are now losing, and tons of people who can't retire because they are broke and in debt! So much for that. Take 100% responsibility for your life and give yourself the chance to make more money than you know what to do with.
(Dexter and Birdie Yager with more money than you know what to do with.)

Practical tips:

  • Work on your list of dreams.
  • Don't listen to negative people or the negative voice in your own head.
  • Listen to leaders who've achieved what you want to achieve.
  • Take risks!

No comments:

Post a Comment